Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Oh, Royal Cats!

So, my house is rather on the small size, but my home makes up for it by having a big backyard. My dad took advantage of the space by growing an orchard and owning a rather large amount of chickens. Besides the chickens pecking around the yard, we currently have 3 outside cats who roam our property. They're all guys and their names are Scooter, Oliver, and Harvest. In times past, we've had many other cats who have all passed on due to the harsher conditions of a strictly outdoor life. (I've tried begging my parents to allow them inside, but all in vain) Scooter is the son of a previous cat of ours named Socks. Oliver and Harvest both appeared on property randomly and because of their friendliness, we took them in and they stuck around. Anyways, I love taking photos of these guys, especially Scooter as he's only the will actually stay still long enough for me to take any pictures. The two spend every moment they have in my presence begging to be petted. He was looking especially lovely one evening, so I snapped a couple photos. Here's the best of the bunch:
The king looks over his kingdom.

Not wanting to leave Oliver and Harvest out of the photo shoot action and I went out later to try to take a couple pics of them. Unfortunately, I couldn't track down Oliver, but I got a nice photo of Harvest:
Mr. Grumpy Face.

Leave a comment below if you'd like. I treasure every one and will try hard to reply to them all.

-Rykett out! <3

5 comments:

  1. I think that's awesome that you have chickens we have a chicken at our barn that we named muppet lol! I also have a kitten who it 13 weeks old and a crazy siamese and its always good to have barn cats around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muppet? Lol! I tried to name all our chickens, but they look so alike that it's hard to tell who's who! Ah, Siamese are so pretty and kitten are absolutely adorable. Combined they create... super cute crazy cat! XD

      Delete
  2. My mother takes in ferals in her neighborhood, or should I say, ferals take her in. She's in love with her cats. She let's them come in and out as they please, though. She's always got 2-3 cats, but she's had some bad luck with them getting sick and passing away over the years. But a new one always shows up to take its place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! It sounds a lot like our situation, lol. Sometimes, people ask how many total cats we've owned, and I don't even try to add them all up because there's been so many XP

      Delete
  3. Aww your kitties are adorable ^.^ great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete